In this small and precise article, I’ll steer you through the complete process of learning Web Development and to become a better version of yourself.
So,2020 is a weird time to begin your Web Development journey. It’s an interesting duality wherein you both have more resources available to you than at any time in history, and paradoxically, the sheer magnitude of the information on offer can be completely overwhelming.
You are a beginner and you don’t have any prior knowledge of this great field. So “No Worries”, I’m here to help you out with this condition. This article is written in an easy and non-complex language.
“The secret to getting ahead is getting started.”
― Mark Twain
Hold Tight, and let’s start this awesome journey.
Web Developer in 2020–21
1) Basic Requirements.
Before starting with Web Development some basic Toolkit is required to make your coding life hustle free. These are some basic software and hardware.
- A Laptop or A Desktop:- Basic necessity to start with coding.
- Pickup a Text Editor:- The text editor is where you will write all your code, and the terminal is where you execute it. As a developer, this is where you live. For instance VS Code, Atom, Sublime, Notepad++. Personally, I use VS Code 🙂
- Web browser:- Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Yahoo, etc.
- Git and Version Control:- Git is the tool used to save code and create different versions. It will allow you to collaborate with other developers. The top place to preserve your code.
2) Website Anatomy
3) Let’s Code!
Web Development is divided into 2 domains:-
a) Frontend Web Development. (Web Designers)
b) Backend Web Development. (Web Developers)
3 a) Frontend Development.
i) HTML5 and CSS3
HTML5 and CSS3 are the backbones of any website. HTML5 provides the structure while CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) provides the style and helps them to look better and more visually appealing. If you want to become a frontend developer then you must master these two.
ii) Basics of any designing software
- PaintShop pro.
It’ll help you a lot.
~Basic JS (No frameworks right now.)
- React JS
- Vue JS
iv) Park your Website!
- Learn about GIT.
- Basic terminal command.
- Get a hosting account. (000webhost, Hostinger, etc)
- Learn about Cpanel.
- Upload your project.
- Register domain name and park it.
v) Web Designers! Grab some Opportunities.
- Make simple websites for startups.
- Build UI Web Applications.
- Do Internships.
- Work for a company.
- Become a freelancer.
vi) Going further with the front-end?
- Zurb Foundation
- Materialize CSS
3 b) Backend Development
i) Choosing backend development is surely a good option. For that, you’ve to learn server-side scripting language.
PHP:- Forget about negative things people say about PHP. It is still the simplest way to write the server side code.
Ruby on Rails:- Ruby is another powerful language best for web development. It has got an awesome framework called Rails which makes creating Web applications easy and fast.
Python:- Another awesome language, full of powerful framework and libraries.
Node.JS:- Powerful and amazing framework.
JAVA:- High-performance server-side language.
ii) Companies and their server-side scripting language.
- Vox Media
- Tesla Motors
2. Ruby on Rails
iii) Since you chose back-end, start learning..
Up your game further!!
- Search Engines
- GOF Design Patters
- Architectural Patterns
- Learn different testing techniques
iv) Park your application!
Now you all have a good grasp on the topic and more knowledge than before, so use these technologies to get your app online.
- Dedicated Server/VPS
- App hosting — Heroku, Digital Ocean, AWS
- Deploy tools
- Linux command line
- Maintenance & Updates
v) Web Developers! Grab some Opportunities.
Congratulations, Web Developers you’ve some great opportunities waiting.
- Create web applications
- Build backend API’s (Application Programming Interface)
- Work with network security
- Manage servers and databases
- Apply for job
- Start your own Startup/Business
- Become a freelancer
4) Further more you can..
- Practice and explore more.
- Build up your profile.
- Learn new stacks (MEAN, MERN , etc)
- Help and guide a beginner (this will increase your knowledge also).
- Do some researches.
- Be productive and learn every day.
Thank you for reading this article so far. You might be thinking that there is so much stuff to learn, but believe me, once you start learning Web development you’ll love it.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Again thanks a lot and all the best for your future!
You can contact me anytime in case of doubts and assistance.
Powered by WPeMatico